Today we will help you learn how to download Snapchat for PC.
Snapchat is the most popular mobile app for sharing temporary photos and videos with your friends.
Unbelievable, right ?
According to its name, photos and videos that are shared with Snapchat are called snap or snaps. It uses your camera to capture photos or videos and with help of internet connection it shares your snaps to your friends. You can view the message only once.
After that it’s gone forever.
You like it, right?! Then we are here to help you download Snapchat for your Windows XP/7/8 PC.
Download Snapchat for PC
So, Snapchat is a mobile app and you can find the app on iTunes Store and on Google Play Store easy.
It is always on the top of the list. But, downloading Snapchat for PC is a bit tricky. It can take some effort to do it.
But, after all it will be worth it. Trust me.
To download and install Snapchat on your PC you will need to download and install emulator that will emulate Android OS on your PC.
There are many emulators on the market. Read our article about the 9 Best Android Emulators For PC to discover them all.
However, you’ve must heard of Andy and BlueStacks, the most popular. Both of them work like a charm.
Andy is popular because of its user interface and its compatibility and of many features it has. It has keyboard mapper, run apps from desktop, you can use your android device as a controller.
Also, it allows you to save anything you need on Cloud, and what is most important for Snapchat it integrates your Microphone, Camera and Sensors for using any app you want, or Snapchat for today. You can sync your Android device to it and use Play store which is cool.
Downloading And Installing Andy On Your PC
To install Andy on your PC first thing you should do is check the following.
- You need to have at least 3GB of RAM, Windows 7 or newer/ Ubuntu 14.04 or newer/OSX 10.8 or newer,
- then you will need at least 10 GB of free disk space to store everything of your new Virtual OS. Also for your Virtual OS you will need Intel CPU or AMD which will be at least Dual core with Visualization support, GPU with OpenGL 2.1 support.
- Check your PC if it supports Virtual OS. Go to your PCs BIOS and enable it.
- After you’ve checked everything and if you are ready just go to their website and right from homepage you will find Download button.
After you’ve installed Andy, launch it and on your screen you’ll see an Android logo.
Andy is build for Android and its compatibility with newer Android OS is just great. After Andy initialized on your computer, you will need to select language and login to your Google account.
If you login to an account that is already using an Android device, Andy will sync every app that you have on that device.
And after all of that you will be welcomed of Android home screen on your Andy emulator. On the bottom of the screen you will find Google Play Store
Downloading And Installing BlueStacks On Your PC
So BlueStacks is an Android emulator like Andy.
Downloading Bluestacks is free and just like Andy it allows you installing Android applications and running them right from your desktop or laptop.
- Bluestacks requires 2GB of RAM and 9GB free disk space.
- Go to their website and download Bluestacks. When downloading is complete just click on the .exe file and the setup will start automatically.
- It will take you about 20 minutes to install Bluestacks. When the downloading and installing then you are ready to run Bluestacks and explore what it has to give to you.
- Of course you will need to sign in to a Google Account.
Bluestacks has many features.
You will sync your apps between your Android device (phone or tablet) and the windows app with cloud connecting.
Bluestacks offers unique platform which will combine traditional and digital advertising channels that will make you amazed.
Sharing files from your PC onto your smart device with Bluestacks is easy and fast. You can share and post to social medias like Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp.
Download Snapchat on your PC
So after all Snapchat is easy to download and use.
You can do it fast and easy.
- Just tap on the Play Store icon on your Android emulator.
- Then in the Store tap on Search bar.
- Type Snapchat and it will be in the first few of the results.
- Open the app and click Download.
- After Snapchat is downloaded and installed on your Android emulator you can launch it.
- There you go.
- You have Snapchat on your PC and you can share photos, videos, stories or chat with your loved ones. You can use it as you use it on your phone.
Snapchat is mobile application that is developed by a team of students from Stanford University which is live from September 2011.
It is popular photo sharing app that is used by over 160 millions of users on daily basis.
You can use it on Android and iOS devices, which is pretty cool. It has many features like adding effects and filters on your pictures, you can draw over you photos and videos, also you are able to add text over.
- Drawing – after you have your picture or video on your screen just tap top-right of your screen. There is square icon with pencil on it. You will have color spectrum slider on the right to choose color for your drawing. And you can do your masterpiece now.
- Filters – swiping right or left on your photo will change an effect or filter wich will change the way the picture looks. Also this way will add your speed if you are driving, geo-location, the time or the temperature outside.
- Typing – If you click on “T” icon you will be able to add your text over your picture or video. You can change the text alignment if you want just by clicking on your text which will be in black box.
Adding Friends On Snapchat
So adding friends on Snapchat is easy.
There are few ways you can find your friend and we will cover every way possible.
- Snap your friends “ghost” – So if you are with a friend who is missing from your Snapchat friends list you can just ask him to open Snapchat on their phone. When the friends ghost appear on their phone you need to open your Snapchat and hover your phone over their phone. When you see their ghost on your camera just tap on the ghost on your screen and there it goes. You are officially Snapchat friends.
- Username – So adding someone with their username is easy as it sounds. On Snapchat home screen tap Add Friends and then tap on Add by Username. Then you need to type your friends username and when you recognize them just tap on your friends tab.
- Blocking or ignoring friends – If you don’t want to see someone on your Snapchat or you don’t want them to not be able to see your stuff click on users name and tapping on the gear icon will list you options to Block friend or Remove. Just click on which you want and they are not on your list anymore.
Other Things To Do With Snapchat
You can use it as a messenger, everything you need to do is tap on bubble which is at the top left on your screen and choose your friend.
Another great messenger app is WhatsApp. Let’s see how to download WhatsApp for PC.
Also there are Snapchat stories. Snapchat stories are group of photos or videos which will not delete them self after you see them.
- Posting a Snapchat story is easy. You can do it by tapping on the stories icon that is the little square which has plus sign on it at the bottom of your screen when you shoot picture or take a video. Or you can tap the arrow which will be on the right bottom of your screen. When you tap it, tap My Story at the top to add it to your Snapchat feed.
- Duration of a Snapchat story. Snapchat stories lifetime is 24 hours from their posting. After their 24 hours they are gone forever.
Snapchat stories are nice way to share what are you doing at the moment with your loved ones for them to be able to see your story several times.
So on the right of every friend, appears emoji. Every emoji means something. Let me help you understand the meanings of each one of them
- Birthday Cake – This emoji only appears when your friend have enabled Birthday Party in settings menu. It shows that it is that friends birthday
- Fire – When you do a Snapstreak it shows a fire emoji. When you are sending snaps every day and they reply you with a snaps it will grow as active Snapstreak days are passing.
- 100 Hundreed – It is your 100 day of Snapstreak. It shows next to the fire icon when you snap with one person back and forward for 100 days in a row.
- Hourglass – This is about Snapstreak. It shows only when your Snapstreak is about to “die” When you send another snap it will disappear.
- Smiling Face – This one is your best friend that gets a lot of snaps from you. But he is not the best best friend you have (according to snaps that you have sent).
- Smirking Face – shows up on those friends that you send a few snaps, but they send you a lot of snaps.
- Grimacing Face – Your #1 best friend is their #1 best friend. This shows when you send the most snaps to the same person that they do.
- Face With Sunglasses – Just like grimacing face but with the difference that you sent fewer snaps to the same person they do.
- Baby – When you are fresh friends with someone you will have this emoji.
- Gold Star – When a person is replaying your snaps in the past 24 hours you will see gold star emoji. It is sure that this one has something to show.
- Yellow Heart – Your number one best friend. You send the most snaps to this one and they are sending the most snaps to you too.
- Red Heart – You are best friends with this one for two weeks.
- Pink Hearts – When you are number one best friend for two months you will see Pink hearts as emoji.
When you click on your friends name and on the popup you see purple zodiac emoji that is the sign that is relevant to their zodiac symbol according to their date of birth.
Tapping the Trophy icon on the top of your home screen on Snapchat will open the Trophy Case menu.
Those are achievements that are unlocked and all of them have different meaning. Example the Globe means that your Snap was posted on a Live Story, 1 Finger means that you’ve send a Snap with just one filter applied.
Video Tape means that you’ve sent a video Snap. There are many more trophies so I am sure you will be able to score at least many of them.
So this is how to download Snapchat for PC.
We hope we’ve helped you how to download Snapchat for your Windows XP/7/8 PC (desktop/laptop).
Using Snapchat for PC is useful because you will be able to see what’s new with your friends. And of course it will save you time searching for your phone if there is something you must see.
Snapchat is great app and you should use it to show yourself. It has great user interface and it is used by more than 160 millions of users daily. You should not miss it.
Download Snapchat for PC or Computer today ! Android Apps free for PC.
This is Sihur Pamar. I'm the Founder of the AppsFreeforPC.com. I'm a Tech lover. Currently I am studying Computer Science at Telecom Paris Tech in France. Apart from studies, I'm a SEO Expert, Full time Blogger, Web Developer, Thesis Theme Skin Developer. You can find me on: about.me, Pintinterest