Would you like to learn how to download KIK for PC? Many KIK users are looking to download KIK on windows or MAC and use it beyond their smartphones.
So if you want to learn how to download KIK messenger on MAC and windows, we can help you. If you read this article carefully you will learn how to download KIK for PC and MAC.
In this article you will see all the steps you need to take in order to download KIK messenger. You will also learn about system requirements for KIK in order to be sure you can use it.
And for all of you who are new to KIK, we will explain all the features of this app.
What is Kik Messenger ?
KIK messenger is an instant messaging application you can use to communicate with your friends and family. In order to use KIK messenger you need a compatible smart device and WI-FI or data network. In short, KIK messenger is much like Whatsapp, Messenger or Viber.
It runs on Android platform and it’s totally free to use. All you need to do is download KIK messenger, create your account and connect with your friends.
KIK messenger is especially popular with younger generation of users, but the older population is using it also. It’s simple to use and has a lot of features that make KIK popular with the younger generations.
Another good thing about this app is that all the features are easy to use and fairly reachable. This means that you don’t have to go through complex menu and search for a feature you want to use. Most of the features are just 2 clicks away and that’s what good apps are all about-simplicity.
KIK messenger is available on Android platform, but it’s possible to use it on PC and MAC. This article will show you how, but first, let’s go through some features of KIK messenger.
Send messages on Kik Messenger for FREE right from your PC!
All these amazing features, now on
Features of KIK Messenger
Free Instant Text Messages
This is the basic feature of KIK messenger and the most used. In short, KIK allows you to chat with your friends using text messages completely free. All you need is internet connection through Wi-Fi or cell data.
Invite your friends for a group chat and have fun together.
Photo And Video Sharing Within Chat Window
Sharing photos and videos with KIK messenger is not only fun, it’s very easy also. As oppose to other instant messengers, you don’t need to leave chat screen to take photos and send them. You can select photo share option, and watch your camera feed in the corner.
Once you take your photo or create your video, just send it to your friend. And you can read your chat the whole time, no need to leave the chat window.
Photo And Video Editor
You can edit all your photos and videos before sending them to your friends. Add captions, draw something funny or insert interesting graphics before sending photos and videos.
There is a size limit for videos you can send. If your video is larger than 16MB, video editor will open automatically. This means that you can cut your video and send it as two or more separate video files.
Send GIFs Quick And Easy
For all of you who love to use gifs in chat, KIK messenger is a great IM application. With KIK, you don’t need to store gifs to your device, or even search for them. KIK messenger will suggest you gifs based on your text.
This means that while you’re writing a text, KIK will show you a gif you can send with it. Also, you can always search for a gif and send it, and you don’t have to store it on your device.
No Phone Number Required
Nice thing about KIK messenger is that you don’t have to share your phone number in order to register. Just pick a user name and you’re ready to go. For PC version you can use your existing account, or create a new one.
How To Download Kik For PC And Mac
In order to use KIK messenger on PC, you need to install an android emulator. KIK doesn’t run on Windows but it’s not a big issue to use it on your home computer. In this section, we’ll cover what you need in order to run KIK for PC.
- Windows XP or higher. KIK messenger depends on your emulator, and for an android emulator you need to have Windows XP or a later version. For best performance, I recommend that you download KIK messenger on Windows 7 or later.
- Android emulator for Windows. Emulators are programs that allow Android apps to work on your PC. Most of recent computers support android emulators. You can download any emulator you like, if you don’t have one already. We recommend Bluestacks, but any other is ok.
That’s all the system requirements you need to meet in order to download KIK on PC. Now, let’s go through the installation process, step by step.
Download And Install Bluestacks Android Emulator
- For this step you need to go to Bluestacks website and download the most recent version of Bluestacks emulator for Windows. Just click on the download button and you will start downloading the latest installer available.
- Once you download the installation file, you can start the installation process. Simple installation wizard will guide the process.
- Follow the instructions and don’t forget to use your Google account, you need it for the next step.
Use Bluestacks To Download And Install KIK Messenger
Now that you have your Android emulator up and running, you can download KIK for PC.
- First thing you need to do is use Google play app and search for KIK on Play store.
- Click on the install button to start automatic download and installation process.
- Once the process is finished, you will find the app in Bluestacks’ MENU, along with other apps.
These are all the steps you need to take in order to use KIK messenger on Windows. As you can see, it easy and in just a few minutes you can chat with your friends.
How To Download Kik On Mac
We saw that it’s pretty easy to use KIK messenger on Windows, and now let’s cover MAC platform. For all of you with OSX, same rules apply, you need an emulator in order to run KIK or any other Android app.
But let’s go one step at the time, before you download KIK messenger on MAC.
- OSX 9.1 or higher is needed in order to run Bluestacks emulator. As with Windows, MAC users need Android emulators to download KIK messenger on MAC.
- Android emulator for MAC. You can use any Android emulator compatible with OSX, my recommendation is Bluestacks. If you’re not experienced with Android emulators, use Bluestacks to follow this tutorial easier.
Download And Install Bluestacks Android Emulator
- Go to Bluestacks official website and download installation file for MAC.
- Start the installation process and wait for the installation to finish.
- Once the Bluestacks installs on your MAC, use your Google account to log in, or create a new Google account. You need to do this in order to download and install KIK messenger from Google play store.
Use Bluestacks To download And Install KIK Messenger
- In Bluestacks find Google play app and go to Play store
- Search for KIK messenger and click install button in order to start download and installation
- Wait for the download process to finish and you are ready to go.
As you can see, the installation process is easy as 1, 2, 3. Now you can use KIK messenger on MAC and chat with your friends.
If you have time to spare, please take a look at our other articles.
- The 3 Easiest Ways to Video Chat Online or On the Go
- How to Send SMS Messages From Any PC or Mac Computer
- How to Supercharge Your Halloween Like a Pro with a Digital Projector
This was all you needed to know in order to download KIK messenger on your PC and MAC. As you could see the whole process is pretty simple for both platforms. We recommend that you bookmark this page if you decide to download KIK messenger on your computer later.
Some of the advantages of having KIK for PC are use of keyboard for typing and mouse for navigation. Also if you download KIK on pc, you can see all the photos your friends sent on a larger screen.
Another good reason why you should download KIK for PC is that you don’t have to worry about battery. We all know how fast batteries run out if we hat for a long time.
Now You Can Download Kik for PC for FREE!
If you already use KIK messenger on PC, we would like to hear your experience. How do you like it, did you experience any issues while using it?
Also, let us know in the comments section how do you like this tutorial. If you like this article and find it useful, please share it with your friends, so they can see it too.
This is Sihur Pamar. I'm the Founder of the AppsFreeforPC.com. I'm a Tech lover. Currently I am studying Computer Science at Telecom Paris Tech in France. Apart from studies, I'm a SEO Expert, Full time Blogger, Web Developer, Thesis Theme Skin Developer. You can find me on: about.me, Pintinterest